Thursday, November 11, 2010

Growing Up ... Well, Not So Much

As moms, I'm sure we all see signs from our kids that they are "growing up". Sometimes these signs are definite, like when my oldest son got his first girlfriend. Other times ... well, not so much.

Me (to my 8-year old): "Xavier, you're so cute".

Xavier: "Mom, you know I really don't like the word 'cute'".

Me: "Why not?"

Xavier: "It's really baby-ish."

Me: "Alright, then what should I say instead?"

Xavier: (Without a pause.) "How about 'adorable'"?

So, what started out potentially as a "growing up" lecture from my X-man, ended up quite nicely that my big man is still my little man.


So, what are some signs that you see with your kids that they're "growing up"?

10 comments:

  1. Gosh there are so many signs mine are growing up..and to fast at that. No more holding my hand at school,kisses in front of friends,my baby is learning how to walk...list goes on..

    New follower from Social Parade on Friday!!

    Please come and follow back when you get the chance!!

    http://princessmomof2.blogspot.com/

    Francine <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am a new follower from social parade! You can find me at mymodernguide.blogspot.com

    beki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your son looks so much like my nephew! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Thanks for the follow; I am now following you via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter is starting to say two words together in one sentence...wow!!! Sounds lame, I know...but she is two and this is really a sign of growing up!!

    I am a new follower! Hope you can stop by my review and giveaway blog and give me a follow as well! :) Here is the link:

    http://couponsandfreebiesforyou.blogspot.com/

    I do have several blogs, but this one is the one on which I am trying to get followers. Thanks so much and happy Friday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a man now, Mom!!

    He truly is adorable!! (And cute..but don't tell him I said so..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Children do grow so fast and we need to cherish the moments. You have a new follower from the hop! You have a nice blog! I look forward to following! Come visit Mama's Little Chick. Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Thanks for the follow! I'm now following back :)

    Marisa
    http://thepennywisemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for your comment at http://crazymagicbeautifullife.blogspot.com and for being a follower! I agree completely with your outlook :)

    Now following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now following you back!

    PS Mom Reviews

    ReplyDelete